We are happy to share the exciting news that Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences (HCIS) received an official Impact Factor of 3.212, which was released in the 2018 Journal Citation Reports® (Clarivate Analytics, 2019). We thank all of the editorial members and authors for their contributions and great support.
Impact Factor News
Survey on theories, applications and services for future IT
Edited by: Young-Sik Jeong and Yi Pan
Collection first published: 26 March 2018
Pervasive Computing Systems
Edited by: Mohammad S. Obaldat, Petros Nicopolitidis and Damianos Gavalas
Collection first published: 17 January 2013
Aims and scope
In Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences (HCIS), KIPS-CSWRG publishes high quality papers which cover the various theories and practical applications related to human-centric computing and information sciences. The published papers present results of significant value to solve the various problems with application services and other problems which are within the scope of HCIS. In addition, we expect they will trigger further related research and technological improvements relevant to our future lives.
Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences stands for the continuously evolving and converging information technologies, including:
- Human-computer interaction and User-centered Design
- Social computing and social intelligence
- Ubiquitous computing and mobile systems
- Gaming and Semantic Systems
- Computer-assisted Learning and Cognition
- Privacy, Security and trust management
- Information Visualization and Visual Analytics
- Foundations of Information Science, such as Information Theory, AI, and Soft Computing
- Implementations and Information Technology
- Applications with Image Processing, Computer Vision Systems, Language and Search Engine Design, etc.
These are the hot topics that will satisfy the ever-changing needs of a world-wide audience. In approximately 5 to 10 years the editors plan to include new emerging topics to the journal scope, in order to make the journal reflect future generations' IT related human-centric computing and information sciences.
Annual Journal Metrics
75 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
43 days to first decision for all manuscripts
95 days from submission to acceptance
16 days from acceptance to publication
70 Altmetric mentions
All articles published in Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences are listed in the following indexing services:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
- Google Scholar
- Summon by ProQuest
HCIS is associated with the Korea Information Processing Society - Computer Software Research Group (KIPS-CSWRG).
- ISSN: 2192-1962 (electronic)